Registered Agents Services & Entity Renewals
The registered agent of an entity (LLC, Inc., etc.) is not a member or manager of the entity. It is not an owner, have any rights to the entity or the ability to sign on the entity’s behalf. It is simply a person (or business) that the state will contact if needed. It also receives service of process (lawsuit complaints) and is responsible for renewing the entity.
Breglio Law Office offers this service to our clients. Here are some of the benefits:
1) Privacy: The registered agent name & address are visible on the state website associated with your business
2) Legal Barrier: We are served any legal notices, so no one will knock on your door
3) Protection. No disgruntled clients, customers or tenants hunting you down
4) Renewals: No forgetting to renew (otherwise your entity would be dissolved)
If you have appointed our office (BLO Registered Agency) as your registered agent, there is a fee associated with this service that includes the renewal fee with the state.
You will receive an email in the month of your renewal. Please follow the instructions in that email to pay for the registered agent service & renew your business. In that email, you may choose from the following options:
1) Renew your entity and keep us as registered agent. This will renew your business and keep us on for another year.
2) Renew your entity and change the registered agent. This renews your entity this year & then your new agent will be responsible. Your new agent must have a physical (no POBs) address in the state of Utah.
3) Dissolve your entity. We recommend keeping the business active through the last taxable year. But this option will officially dissolve your entity with the state
Please see your Renewal Email or our Price List (link on home page) for current fees associated with this service.
PLEASE DO NOT RENEW YOUR ENTITY OR CHANGE REGISTERED AGENTS WITHOUT INVOLVING OUR OFFICE! THERE IS LEGAL LIABILITY (BEYOND RENEWAL) AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SERVICE. YOU WILL STILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR FEE AND POSSIBLY ADDITIONAL FEES FOR FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE EMAIL!
If you have any questions or needs, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org